Crank Software – Ottawa, ON
Seniority Level: Medium
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Function: Developer
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Job Post: Software Developer
Our Storyboard GUI Development software allows clients to build and deploy embedded graphical user interfaces straight from a graphic designer's desktop down to an embedded or mobile device.
Crank is looking for a Software Developer to help our customers create and build their applications using Storyboard. This position will provide a unique opportunity to work with leading technologies in the automotive, medical, and consumer markets as part of a team of professional embedded software developers.
- Create rich animated user interfaces from design files Using Storyboard Designer
- Develop UI system and state machine logic in C/C++ or Lua
- Develop interface layers from UI to backend system code
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Storyboard
- Work with cutting edge products and bring ideas to reality
- Communication and interaction with customers
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline and/or diploma in a related field or equivalent
- At least 5 years of Software development experience in either C or C++
- Linux/QNX development experience
- Keen eye for detail and usability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player with a knack for solving problems
Nice to have:
- Experience in Lua
- Experience in graphics rendering and layouts for UI and UX design patterns
- Experience with 2D and 3D application tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience working with and interfacing with Embedded systems
- Prior experience with UI frameworks including Storyboard, Qt, XWindows, or Java
Well, ask Crank’s employees! They were recently ranked as one of Ottawa’s top 10 employers at the 2018-2019 Employee’s Choice Awards.
Perks of working at Crank
- Competitive compensation plan including a comprehensive benefits program
- Annual health and wellness allowance
- Continuous professional development allowance
- Brand new innovative workspace
- Work-life balance
- Fun social atmosphere
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com and reference "Software Developer" in the subject line.
Crank Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Crank Software is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Crank Software will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.