Application and User Interface Tester
Crank Software – Ottawa, ON
Seniority Level: Medium
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Function: Developer
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Job Post: Application and UI Tester
Crank Software is looking for test developers to help us improve the user experience of Storyboard customer projects. Storyboard is an ambitious product designed to bridge the gap between graphic designers and embedded software engineers and is used to build cutting-edge user interfaces for a wide variety of applications and hardware. We want you to help us create the best possible experience across the board, for both the designers and developers working with Storyboard and the customers who eventually interact with the applications.
Are you interested in helping to build the next generation embedded user interface design environment?
- Build and execute customer testing frameworks on embedded systems using python, lua and other scripting languages
- Validate User Interface applications based on customer specifications
- Perform performance testing on embedded User Interfaces
- Build internal regression and unit test frameworks for software projects
- Creating or updating test plans and test cases based on customer requirements or identified problems.
- Strong working knowledge of Python and shell scripting
- Linux experience, working with the command line and shell scripting
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and constant integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Buildbot)
- Able to write clear and concise problem report
- Knowledge of software development/engineering practices
Nice to have:
- Experience in C/C++ development
- Web development: 1 year
- Experience working with and interfacing with Embedded systems
- Prior experience with UI frameworks including Storyboard, QT, XWindows, or Java
Well, ask Crank’s employees! They were recently ranked as one of Ottawa’s top 10 employers at the 2018-2019 Employee’s Choice Awards.
Perks of working at Crank
- Competitive compensation plan including a comprehensive benefits program
- Annual health and wellness allowance
- Continuous professional development allowance
- Brand new innovative workspace
- Work-life balance
- Fun social atmosphere
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Application Developer and UI Tester" in the subject line.
Crank Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Crank Software is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Crank Software will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.